On Saturday, September 7th, fourteen of us from New Life went down to the Casa Hogar Sinai orphanage in Mexico for the day. Our team included kids, young adults, and seniors! Our focus this trip was on connecting and building relationships with the children and the house parents (David and Elyy). We provided lunch for the entire orphanage, played soccer, board games, did crafts, and just hung out and played with the kids for hours. It was glorious!
We also took down many needed supplies, funds, and materials for a couple small work projects. Here's a list of what our team did on this trip.
1. Delivered several cell phones for the older teens to use as they travel and study in Nogales.
2. Provided lunch for the whole orphanage and left them enough food to make dinner too!
3. Installed a brand new toilet in the girls' dorm to replace the broken, leaking one.
4. Repaired a portable basketball hoop, including a new rim and net.
5. Spent connection time with kids playing soccer, doing crafts, and playing games.
6. Delivered over 100 pairs of new and used shoes to stock their clothing room for months!
8. Delivered donated clothes, a girls bicycle, and other misc. items.
9. Delivered funds for David and Elyy to pay a couple ladies for the next two months to help with cooking, cleaning, and laundry.
10. Provided cold refreshing ice cream bars to everyone at the orphanage on a hot day!
Se sure to watch our video recap of the trip! It's guaranteed to put a smile on your face!